Thursday, April 7, 2016

my new babies...




When I was in 6th grade, I really wanted chickens, so I decided that my dad and I were going to build a chicken coop and get some baby chicks! I loved it, but I eventually got so busy that I couldn't keep up with them. Now, even though I still am very busy, I decided that I wanted to get some more! Here are my new biddies...


We are keeping them in this watering trough until they are about 6 weeks old (or fully feathered out) and can be put in the coop.

There is still a lot of work to do on the chicken coop to get it back in shape, but I am looking forward to having some egg laying champs on my hands!!!


I have 2 different ages of chicks in this tub. I originally went to tractor supply an got 6 black sex link chicks that are about a week or 2 old (I really have no idea because when I asked them, they didn't know either). The others are golden sex link that I got from the farmer's feed store that are about 4-5 weeks old. For now, I have been letting them mingle together while I am sitting here watching them, but at night, I have been separating them so that the younger ones don't get pecked to death. 



#welcometothefarm #egglayingchamps #cutestmembersofthefam 

No comments:

Post a Comment